Nolan Heller Kauffman has extensive experience representing clients in the area of New York State Alcoholic Beverage Law. Our attorneys routinely assist clients in all matters relating to the New York State Liquor Authority (SLA) and Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau (TTB), including:
- New York Liquor Licensing
- Liquor License Compliance
- Liquor License Violations and Disciplinary Proceedings
Our clients include national, regional and local businesses, including hotels, liquor stores, bars, restaurants, grocery stores, racetracks, casinos, golf courses, caterers, producers, wholesalers and more.
We help our clients not only navigate the complex liquor licensing process, but also understand the implications of holding a license, and the requirements and standards they will be subject to as licensees in order to remain in compliance with both their federal and state licenses and/or permits.
Areas we can assist with include:
- Determining eligibility to hold an alcoholic beverage license, and the information and documentation that must be disclosed to the liquor licensing authorities;
- Applying for and obtaining a liquor license, including appearing before municipalities and community boards, as well as the New York State Liquor Authority;
- Obtaining a temporary permit to operate while an application is pending;
- Applying for and obtaining required federal permits from the Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau;
- Representing licensed businesses in proceedings by the New York State Liquor Authority (NYSLA) and/or Federal TTB to cancel, suspend or revoke a liquor license or permit;
- Reporting and obtaining authorization for any changes to licensed premises and/or corporate organization and ownership;
- Negotiating and drafting purchase and sale agreements, commercial leases, management agreements, distribution agreements and more .
Our attorneys are ready to help you navigate the liquor licensing process from start to finish. Contact Us today for a no-cost consultation or to learn more about our services. We look forward to working with you.